BBVA GAMES INDUSTRY FORUM
BILBAO EXHIBITION CENTRE (BEC)
Spaces to promote business, exchanges and inspiration.
The Fun&Serious Game Festival maintains its firm commitment to the Spanish independent development industry, in the form of the Games Industry Forum. After the pilot experience last year, the B2B conference for GIF professionals is holding its second edition, in which learning and business go hand in hand, as part of an ambitious agenda of training and networking.
For two intense days, Europe’s most important publishers specialised in indie games, investors and the international press will pass through the BILBAO EXHIBITION CENTRE (BEC) to exchange knowledge and contacts with GIF attendees. As an added bonus, participants in the Indie Zone will present their projects to the video gaming world, with Fun&Serious serving as a great showcase. If you are an independent developer, this is the business event in Spain that you won’t want to miss.
3 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND TO THE GAMES INDUSTRY FORUM
You will showcase your game to international publishers in an exclusive networking area
We will help you to meet publishers looking for new projects to sign in. You will have the chance to pitch your game to them and receive their feedback – and all in an exclusive networking area, available only to attendees of the Games Industry Forum and the Indie Zone.
You will receive practical training in business development
You will take part in workshops, lectures, and talks about topics such as business development, publishing, production, etc. – business skills that will help you to manage your company and reach success.
The Fun & Serious Games Festival will put your game in the spotlight
The Festival, the most important of its class in Europe, attracts the attention of the most important international and national media outlets. You will have access to all this press and influencers to pitch your game to them.
- A step-by-step guide for self-publishing on PC. Meet the most important markets and what you have to do to put your games in each of them
- Everything you wanted to know about Steam (but you couldn’t find in the official documentation). How to make the best use of Steam broadcasting, bundles, visibility rounds…
- Making remote work actually work. A guide to delocalizing with technical solutions and leadership tips and tricks to keep your team united over the distance.
- How to publish your game in consoles. A step-by-step guide on the process of self-publishing in the most popular consoles
- Community management beyond social media: Discord, forums…
- Guerrilla marketing for indies: bringing a knife to a gun fight
- Mental health and creativity. Even with good management avoiding or minimizing crunch as much as possible, games development is an enduring task. A psychologist brings advice on mental health and self-care
- Panel: working conditions in the games industry
Independent developers from all over the world talk about their games to analyze and comment on the strategies that led them to success.
- Marketing 101: your Steam store page, press kits, and press releases
- A (moving) picture is worth more than one thousand words: how to create a good trailer
- Digital marketing: are paid ads in social media worth it?
- Community management for indies
B2B AND NETWORKING ACTIVITIES
- Speed dating event with publishers, investors, and games press
- Networking area
- Exclusive access to the Games Industry Forum matchmaking app, with which you can schedule meetings with attendees of the event
- Invitation to the Cowboy Awards and Indie Burger dinner, a meeting event and party organized by the Spanish indie development community